Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad run

So I havent updated in a while and I also haven't been playing much poker. Last weekend really drained me mentally. Down about a grand total but it's not the fact that I'm down rather then the fact that I ran extremely cold and was coolered in some big pots.

Online has been going so so and towards the end of may and beginning of june I'm up about 500 with one nasty suckout tonight.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $24.40
BB: $115.35
UTG: $125.85
MP: $134.05
CO: $134.10
Hero (BTN): $123.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt Tc 9c (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, MP raises to $4.50, CO folds, Hero calls $4.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.50

Flop: ($15) Td Jc 9d (3 Players)
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $10.00, UTG folds, MP calls $10.00

Turn: ($35) 2h (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero bets $22.00, MP raises to $101.00, Hero raises all-in to $109.35, MP calls $8.35

River: ($253.70) 7s (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $253.70 ($3 Rake)

MP had 8c Kc (a straight, Jack high) and WON (+$126.85)
Hero had Tc 9c (two pair, Tens and Nines) and LOST (-$123.85)




I actually took a long time making the shove all in here. My thought process went like this. I made a weakish type bet on the flop (2/3 the pot) and villain just calls. Why would villain just call with a hand like a straight??? There is an obvious flush draw out there so why not bet and get me to put my money in on the draw should I decide to play my hand for all my chips (if I was actually on a draw). So is it possible he has a set??? No way. Again the board has way too many draws for villain to just cold call my bet then check raise me on the turn. So I finally decide that he himself is on a draw and my hand is good. Sometimes though in poker great decisions are not always rewarded. Had villain made this play on a board that didnt have two cards to a flush I might have given him more credit for the flopped straight but I couldn't see him check calling a bet on the flop with a monster hand that is also very vulnerable.

No comments: