Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GRINDCORE

I haven't put in too many hands in the past few days. I took Sunday off because of m beating on Saturday. After that I decided it was time to do something to take my game to the next level. I decided I'd hire a coach to teach me something new, and I've been playing way too tight and needed some help with that.

I had my first lesson last night with Orange from 2+2. His rates are 50$ an hour which is great considering for small stakes it can get up to $250 an hour. He really loosened my game up and pointed out some cool spots where I had been missing out on value. I ended up $250 from my 300 hand session with him. Then I played some more and ended up up $433 until I ran broadway into a flush, and QQ into KK twice. So I was up $170 for the day yesterday.

I played a 500 hand session today and made $140 and got rivered in one big pot where I held TPTK against a flush draw that hit on the river. We were all in on the flop.

Playing this looser style is great at these stakes because people get frustrated and want to play back at you. Also since people's fundamentals are so flawed we get the opportunity to play more hands against weaker players. It is tough at times though because by playing looser we are also playing with more marginal hands which can put us in tricky spots sometimes. But it's been good so far. I'm also looking into having another 2+2er coach me in the future. His rates are 100$ an hour so I will probably wait a week or so and see where I'm at with my game and bankroll before I book him.

Online 4299

No comments: