Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sometimes I run like God

I was in the zone last night. I wanted to even make some -EV calls because I just had the instinct that I was going to get there. Of course I didn't make -EV calls because I'm no donkey, and of course I would have gotten there!

Anyways I ran sick hot, flopped a set and was able to check raise and take down a nice pot. Flopped a boat with JJ was led into, I called, was raised behind, and I call again. Check check the turn, and led river for 75 and was paid off. Rivered a boat with KK on JJ4Q board and got paid off on the river. Had A10 suited shoved into me when I held KK and 3 bet him preflop from the BB. KK held up. I also had a few hands I felt like playing but didn't because of the -EV but the gambling in that exact instance would have paid off.

I did make one pretty poor fold with Aces (again) but I felt I was either behind or was going to face a big river bet leaving me with a marginal river call. The flop was Q high with 2 hearts and I'm sandwiched between two players. Check, I bet 32 into ~48 and both call. Turn is a Q and we go check check and last guy bets 40. One fold and I start to think, why would he lead so weak, into 2 other players when top card paired. I really felt I was beat here. Plus if I just call the 40 what size bet am I going to face on the river, and what river is a safe call... I folded face up and he started smirking and so did a few others at the table. He said I wouldnt believe him if he had said what he had after the hand was over. So he either had a silly bluff, or he had a monster like QQ. On the ride home it hit me and I really think he had the same hand as me, AA and was just slowplying preflop and on the flop. Meh

Anyhow, it felt nice to get there a few times after the poor session on Monday. Net $297 in just under 4 hours.

I'm in class now and just finished a quiz that I think I got a 90 on. I'll probably get the score in a few minutes and find out it was more like a 60.


Live 2567
Online 3480

(damn I really need to start playing online more)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice when ur hands hold up