Sunday, October 14, 2007

It's usually the big pots,

that I lose. I was playing awesome yesterday. I was kind of card dead but played aggressive and was willing to fire multiple barrels with bottom pair, or weak draws, because I knew the players were decent enough that they wouldn't call three streets with second pair on a 3 flush flop. Then I opened up with 108cc from MP after a few limpers. I was isolating limpers alot. I get 2 callers behind me and one limper calls. Flop As 10h 8h. (65$) 2 checks to me and I sit for a few seconds then bet 50 because it's a fairly draw heavy flop. One caller folds and the donkey in the hand instashoves for 220$. The other player folds and I have seen him play one hand before and he was really a horrible player. He slowplayed monster hands against me before and given the possible draws out there I obviously called. He showed AQ. Turn 10 and I fill up leaving him with 2 outs on the river and the ellusive Ad peels on the river giving him a higher full house.

He ohhhhhhhh'd in amazement and I said nice hand sir. He kept appologizing to me but in no way was I sorry that he stacked off 110BB's into a 50BB pot with one pair while I was ahead. At this point he rolled his short sleeve shirt up to his shoulders, adjusted his sunglasses, took off his arm band that held his MP3 player, changed songs, and wrapped it back around his exposed bicep.

Tool.

I worked back up to even and flopping 2 nut hands helped in that sense. Right before leaving I picked up a JJ from early position that I raised and we went 3 handed to the flop. I checked it to both other players on a Qh 10h 6s flop. I guess it was being even that made me check here. I don't hate a check but I had c-bet about 80% of my hands. But this flop is so draw heavy I decided to not build a pot out of position because of the overcard, and my silly AQ friend was in there too. Turn was a 4c and I led for 30. One call. River and 8 and I check called a 30$ bet and he took me to value town with his set of 4s. Nice free turn sir.

So I played very well and ended up only dwn 90 over 4 and a half hours. I went Friday night as well and made 259 in 4 hours.

I ended up not going anywhere this weekend but I didn't really mind because I wasn't feeling to hot and drinking wouldn't have helped.

Live 2367
Online 3607

No comments: